Ketchup Ice Cream Launch
For over thirty years, La Crémière has been offering customers in eastern Canada an exclusive selection of dairy ice creams.
La Crémière has always been recognized for the quality of it’s treats and their unique ability to create new desserts that meet our customers’ expectations and tastes. They also know that the world of ice cream and other delicious treats needs to be about fun.
Build massive hype and introduce their new ketchup flavoured ice cream to the masses across Quebec during summer 2019.
Details & Info
Ketchup ice cream? Really? Yes, really.
We knew it was going to be a challenge to get people excited about a flavour never seen associated with ice cream. With that in mind and knowing the brand has a playful outlook, we developed the following:
- Created two pieces of content 2 weeks prior to launch encouraging their community to guess what the new flavour may be.
- Deploy 25% of ad budget.
- Created two lifestyle pieces of content to announce the flavour across Facebook and Instagram.
- Deploy 75% of ad budget.
- Reach out to popular news media outlets and share the story.
- Engage with all participants during the pre-launch & launch campaigns in a fun, light-hearted voice.
- To pour fuel on the fire, we hired a group of well respected influencers known for their engaging storytelling to try the new ketchup flavour and describe their experience in story both a traditional post and on their stories.
- People reached: 713,398 (IG: 196,051, FB: 517,347)
- Engagements: 86,089 (IG: 3,468, FB: 82,621)
- Media coverage: 6 (Narcity, MTL Blog, Valentine, Nightlife, 94,9 Rouge FM, Journal de Montréal)
- Influencer reach: 70,308 (with black ice cream), 30,003 (only ketchup posts)
- Influencer engagement rate: 8,209 (with black ice cream), 3,820 (only ketchup posts)